To add a softphone to your Mac, search the Mac App Store for Telephone. It's a free and easy app for Macs.
Follow these steps to activate a device with the app:
- In Platform, add the Device and assign User as neded.
- In Platform, while looking at the Device, use the Advanced view to find the SIP credentials we'll need below.
- In Telephone app, choose Preferences, and the + to add an account.
- For Full Name, enter a nick-name for the app. (Can be anything)
- For Domain, enter the sever (or realm) for your account.
- For User Name, enter the username from the Device in Platform above.
- For Password, enter the password from the Device in Platform above.